Cassidian CyberSecurity and Netasq launch new Approach to combat cyber attacks in the Middle East
Muscat, 05 March 2013
- Cassidian CyberSecurity and its subsidiary Netasq use sponsorship of Cyber Defence Summit in Oman to highlight increasing risks posed by Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs)
- Comprehensive response plan for organizations affected by APTs
Cassidian CyberSecurity and Netasq used their press briefing at the Cyber Defence Summit in Oman yesterday to highlight the real dangers posed to organizations and infrastructure in the Middle East region by APTs (Advanced Persistent Threats) and outline a 7 Step Approach, combining expertise, processes and new tools to combat these threats.
Guy Meguer, General Manager Middle East, said: “APTs are targeted attacks, designed specifically to steal secrets or intellectual properties of specific organizations. They are more sophisticated than generic viruses, as they are planned thoroughly by a skilled team of attackers who install malware into internal systems and then maintain a long-term presence in order to exfiltrate as much information as possible. These threats are now so advanced that they can continue over a year without being discovered. Once they are, an understandable feeling of panic can set in."
As organizations need a trusted partner with the expertise to manage and execute a comprehensive response plan, Cassidian CyberSecurity has developed a 7 Step Approach, combining expertise, processes and tools, which have never been used before, to successfully combat APTs – raising awareness, initial check, deeper analysis, cleaning, reconnection, recovery and remote supervision. [Please see notes for more information]
François Lavaste CEO Netasq adds: "We offer a full range of all-in-one network trafic filtering solutions for companies which want to have a proactive approach with regards to APTs. Our unique Intrusion Prevention System gives protection from unknown threats – the so-called zero-day attacks, where vulnerabilities are exploited days, or even weeks, before detection signatures have been released and propagated to the security devices."
“As the Middle East region continues to develop and grow, public and private organizations who are driving this growth will be subjected to increased and more sophisticated threats from cyber spies. It is vital that we ensure they are adequately protected against these threats, which is where Cassidian CyberSecurity and Netasq can help them.”
Notes To Editors:
- Cassidian CyberSecurity’s 7 Step Approach is as follows:
- Step 1: Prevention, awareness-raising of top management, through publications, communications and meetings with CEOs.
- Step 2: APT check: pragmatic approach. Cassidian CyberSecurity offers a diagnosis phase first analysis once all fields have been covered.
- Step 3: When diagnosis are positive (i.e the network is compromised) Cassidian CyberSecurity starts the forensics phase. It is during this phase that we look for incidents, with an experts team on site, working with the client. Progressively, the exact attack nature becomes clearer.
- Step 4: Cassidian CyberSecurity defines all attack markers in order to get ready for the "cleaning" process.
- Step 5: Remediation: suppression of every detected malware and attacks signals. This phase must be prepared efficiently and carried out as fast as possible.
- Step 6: Recovery: Cassidian CyberSecurity follows up with the client within the necessary time to reinforce its defences and make sure the system has been appropriately cleaned.
- Step 7: Remote supervision: Cassidian CyberSecurity provides a dedicated supervision service.
- Cassidian CyberSecurity has a growing presence in the Middle East region, having participated in key Cyber Security forums over the past eighteen months.
- In May 2012, Cassidian CyberSecurity used the Cyber Security Forum for Energy & Utilities to announce a new integrated offer dedicated to protecting Oil & Gas Industrial Control Systems with an integrated SOC (Security Operations Centre).
- The Cyber Defence Summit takes place on March 4-5th 2013, at Al Bustan Palace in Muscat, Oman. Cassidian is a Gold Sponsor of the event and has a booth in the exhibition hall.
About Cassidian CyberSecurity
Cassidian CyberSecurity, a 100% Cassidian company entirely devoted to addressing cyber security market across Europe and the Middle-East, under the umbrella of a global cyber security organisation.
Cassidian CyberSecurity’s high-grade expertise includes "Cyber Defence & Professional Services" focusing on high-grade professional services and establishing Security Operation Centers; "Trusted infrastructure" aiming at cryptography, digital identity management and high-security national solutions, and "Secure Mobility", enabling the supply of products and services for mobile device security (voice, data, applications). Cassidian CyberSecurity employs a workforce of over 400 professionals.
For more information: www.cassidian.com
Cassidian - Defending World Security
With over 80,000 unified threat management and next generation firewalls deployed to business, government and defence organisations of all sizes, Netasq delivers solutions of unrivalled performance, protection and control and the most comprehensive EU and NATO certifications of any firewall. Netasq is a 100% subsidiary of Cassidian CyberSecurity.
For more information: http://www.netasq.com
+971 553 387 748
+33 1 46 21 82 38 / +33 3 20 61 90 49