Ad-hoc release, 6 September 2012: New EADS Group Executive Committee Appointed
Leiden, 06 September 2012
- Chief Executive Officer completes composition of top executive body
- John Leahy, Günter Butschek and Bernhard Gerwert join the Group Executive Committee
EADS has announced today the composition of the new Group Executive Committee, as previously indicated in May upon conclusion of the Annual General Meeting.
The Group Executive Committee’s focus is on defining overall strategies and policies, on developing and coordinating key markets and campaigns, on people and leadership development, as well as on furthering research & development and product strategies with significant Group-wide impact.
”We want EADS to become an even stronger international player in the aerospace and defence industry than it is today. Therefore, our clear focus is to further strengthen the international competitiveness of this unique enterprise, improving profitability and delivering value for customers and shareholders as well as creating opportunities for our employees and partners. The Group’s top executive body, which has been put in place, is united in achieving those objectives and I thank the Board of Directors for their trust and support in setting it up,” said Tom Enders, CEO of EADS.
Besides Tom Enders, 53, as the EADS Chief Executive, the following top managers form the EADS Group Executive Committee:
- François Auque, 56, CEO of Astrium and Coordination of Space & Defence
- Thierry Baril, 47, Chief Human Resources Officer EADS & Airbus
- Lutz Bertling, 50, CEO of Eurocopter
- Jean Botti, 55, Chief Technical Officer of EADS
- Fabrice Brégier, 51, CEO of Airbus
- Günter Butschek, 51, Chief Operating Officer of Airbus
- Bernhard Gerwert, 59, CEO of Cassidian
- Marwan Lahoud, 46, Chief Strategy and Marketing Officer of EADS
- John Leahy, 62, Chief Operating Officer – Customers of Airbus
- Sean O’Keefe, 56, CEO of EADS North America
- Domingo Ureña-Raso, 54, Head of Airbus Military
- Harald Wilhelm, 46, Chief Financial Officer of EADS & Airbus
EADS is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2011, the Group – comprising Airbus, Astrium, Cassidian and Eurocopter – generated revenues of € 49.1 billion and employed a workforce of over 133,000.