EADS’ remuneration strategy is to provide remuneration that:
- attracts, retains and motivates qualified executives;
- is aligned with shareholders’ interests;
- is performance-related to a significant extent;
- is fair and transparent;
- is competitive against the comparable market;
- can be applied consistently throughout the Group.
The remuneration policy is benchmarked regularly against the practice of other global companies, using peer group data and general industry data from consulting firms. The benchmark data is a weighed average of French, German and UK information, in the home countries of EADS. In countries outside EADS’ home region (such as the US), EADS benchmarks against national peer group data from the industry. The total target remuneration for executives is targeted at the median level compared to the benchmark data.