- Lakshmi N. Mittal
Lakshmi N. Mittal is the Chairman and CEO of ArcelorMittal S.A. He founded the Mittal Steel Company in 1976 and led its 2006 merger with Arcelor to form ArcelorMittal S.A., the world’s largest steelmaker. He is widely recognised for his leading role in restructuring the global steel industry, and has over 35 years’ experience working in steel and related industries. Among his manifold mandates, Mr Mittal is a Member of the Board of Directors of Goldman Sachs, of the World Economic Forum’s International Business Council, and of the Foreign Investment Council in Kazakhstan. Furthermore, he has received numerous awards from international institutions and magazines and is closely associated with a number of non-profit organisations.
Current mandates in addition to the one listed in the chart above are set forth below:
– Chairman of the Board of Directors and CEO of ArcelorMittal S.A.
– Chairman of the Board of Directors of Aperam S.A.
– Member of the Board of Directors of Goldman Sachs
– Member of the Executive Committee of the World Steel Association (formerly the International Iron and Steel Institute)
– Member of the World Economic Forum’s International Business Council
– Member of the Foreign Investment Council in Kazakhstan
– Member of the Prime Minister of India’s Global Advisory Council
– Member of President’s Domestic and Foreign Investors Advisory Council, Ukraine
– Member of the Board of Trustees of The Cleveland Clinic
– Member of the Executive Board of The Indian School of Business
– Gold Patron of The Prince’s Trust
– Governor of the ArcelorMittal Foundation
– Member of the Board of ONGC Mittal Energy Ltd.
– Member of the Board of ONGC Mittal Energy Services Ltd.
– Trustee of the Gita Mittal Foundation
– Trustee of the Gita-Mohan Mittal Foundation
– Trustee of the Lakshmi and Usha Mittal Foundation
– Chairman of the Governing Council of the LNM Institute of Information Technology
– Trustee of the Mittal Champion Trust
– Trustee of the Mittal Children’s Foundation
Former mandates for the last five years:
– Member of the International Advisory Board of Citigroup (resigned June 2008)
– Member of the Board of Directors of ICICI Bank Limited (resigned May 2010)
– Member of the Board of the Commonwealth Business Council Limited (resigned February 2011)
– Member of The Business Council (resigned December 2011)
– Member of the Managing Committee of the Lakshmi Niwas and Usha Mittal Foundation (resigned December 2011)
– Member of the Board of ArcelorMittal USA Inc. (resigned September 2012)
– Member of the Presidential International Advisory Board of Mozambique
– Member of the Advisory Board of the Kellogg School of Management
– President of Ispat Inland Ulc (resigned January 2013)