- © EADS
- Thomas Enders
Dr. Thomas (“Tom”) Enders was appointed Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Airbus Group (EADS until January 1, 2014), effective 1 June 2012, after having been CEO of Airbus since 2007. He studied Economics, Political Science and History at the University of Bonn and at the University of California in Los Angeles. Prior to joining the aerospace industry in 1991 (Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm), he worked, inter alia, as a Member of the Planning Staff of the German Minister of Defence. At MBB and subsequently DASA he held various positions, including Chief of Staff, Director of Corporate Development & Technology, and Head of Defence Systems. Following the creation of EADS in 2000, he was appointed CEO of the EADS Defence and Security Systems Division, holding this position until 2005 when he was appointed co-CEO of EADS. Furthermore, Mr Enders served as President of the BDLI (German Aerospace Industry Association) from 2005 to 2012.
Chief Executive Officer of EADS N.V.
- Chief Executive Officer of EADS N.V.
- Member of the Executive Committee of EADS N.V.
- Chairman of the Shareholder Committee of Airbus
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board Eurocopter
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board Astrium
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board EADS Deutschland GmbH
- Member of the Board of Directors of the BDI (Federation of German Industry)
- Chairman of the Advisory Council for Aeronautics Research and Innovation in Europe (ACARE)
- Member of the Governing Board of HSBC Trinkhaus
- Member of the International Advisory Board of Atlantic Council of the US.
Past mandates over the five past years (≥ 2008):
- Chairman of the Atlantik Brücke from 2005-2009
- President and Chief Executive Officer of Airbus SAS from 2007-2012
- President of the BDLI (Bundesverband der deutschen Luft- und Raumfahrtindustrie e.V.) from 2005-2012.