- Thomas Enders
Thomas Enders was appointed Chief Executive Officer of the Company in May 2012 after being CEO of Airbus since 2007. He studied economics, political science and history at the Universität Bonn and at the University of California in Los Angeles (UCLA). Prior to joining the aerospace industry in 1991 (Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm GmbH (MBB)), he worked, inter alia, as a Member of the “Planungsstab” of the German Ministery of Defence. At MBB, and subsequently DASA, he held various positions, including Chief of Staff, Director of Corporate Development & Technology, and Head of Defence Systems. Following the creation of EADS in 2000, he was appointed Head of the EADS Defence and Security Systems Division, holding this position until 2005 when he was appointed co-CEO of EADS. Mr Enders was President of the BDLI (German Aerospace Industry Association) from 2005 to 2012. He has been a member of the BDI Presidential Board (Federation of German Industries) since 2009. From 2005 to 2009 he was Chairman of the Atlantik-Brücke e.V. Since November 2011, Tom Enders has served in the Business Advisory Group of UK Prime Minister David Cameron. He has been a member of the Joint Advisory Council at Allianz SE since January 2013.
Current mandates in addition to the one listed in the chart above are set forth below:
– Chief Executive Officer of EADS N.V.
– Member of the Executive Committee of EADS N.V.
– Chairman of the Shareholder Committee of Airbus S.A.S.
– Chairman of the Supervisory Board Airbus Helicopters S.A.S.
– Chairman of the Supervisory Board Astrium B.V.
– Chairman of the Supervisory Board EADS Deutschland GmbH
– Member of the Board of Directors of the BDI (Federation of German Industries)
– Member of the Joint Advisory Council at Allianz SE
– Member of the Governing Board of HSBC Trinkhaus
– Member of the International Advisory Board of the Atlantic Council of the USA
Former mandates for the last five years:
– Chairman of the Atlantik Brücke e.V. from 2005-2009
– President and Chief Executive Officer of Airbus S.A.S. from 2007-2012
– President of the BDLI (Bundesverband der deutschen Luft- und Raumfahrtindustrie e.V.) from 2005-2012
– Chairman of the Advisory Council for Aeronautics Research and Innovation in Europe (ACARE) from 2011-2013