Airbus Group To Have A Strong Presence At Singapore Airshow
Singapore, 06 February 2014
Airbus Group will have a major presence at the Singapore Airshow, showcasing cutting-edge products, technologies and services of its three Divisions: Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space and Airbus Helicopters. The event runs from 11 February to 16 February, 2014 at the Changi Exhibition Centre.
The Singapore Airshow is widely recognised as the world’s third-largest air and defence show. It is therefore an appropriate venue for the Group to display all exhibits of its Divisions under the new Airbus Group brand, for the first time at a major aerospace tradeshow.
The Airbus Group Pavilion is located at Booth/Chalet No: J23 / CD19. The Group will also display a range of products and technologies in the static display area, the highlight of which is a full display of Airbus’ new A350 XWB aircraft.
The high-profile presence of Airbus Group at the Singapore Airshow 2014, including members of the top management, underscores the Group’s commitment to the Asia Pacific region. In 2013, Airbus achieved an industry record of 1,619 gross commercial aircraft orders.
“The Singapore Airshow presents an excellent opportunity for the global aerospace and defence community to converge and address the needs of the industry in this pivotal region for our sector,” said Tom Enders, CEO of Airbus Group. “As one of the top players in this highly competitive market, Airbus Group seeks to strengthen its partnerships with governments and commercial customers in Asia, and across the globe.”
“The aerospace and defence sector in the Asia Pacific will continue to see robust growth on the back of healthy growth in passenger air traffic and rising defence expenditures. Airbus Group aims to play a leading role in meeting the diverse needs of customers in this dynamic market,” said Enders.
Airbus Group is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2012, the Group – comprising Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space, and Airbus Helicopters – generated revenues of € 56.5 billion and employed a workforce of over 140,000.
|Thorsten Moellmann||+33 (0) 531085811|
|Moses Wong||+65 9750 5198|
Note to Editors: Airbus Group products and technologies on display at the Singapore Airshow 2014 will include:
- The all-new A350 XWB flight-test aircraft (MSN 3) will perform its first ever Airshow flying display on both the 11th and 12th of February.
- A full scale A350 XWB cockpit as well as an interactive A350 XWB model will be displayed at the Airbus Group stand together with models of Airbus’ market-leading wide-body product line and the successful A320neo.
- Guests can also discover Airbus’ benchmark cabin comfort standards in a dedicated Comfort Zone at the Airbus tent, located in the static display area.
- Airbus Defence and Space
- The versatile tactical airlifter C295 will be presented at the static display in a maritime patrol configuration (MPA). Airbus Defence and Space will also showcase a wide range of products at the Airbus Group stand, including the A330MRTT and A400M aircraft, unmanned aerial systems and Pleiades and TerraSAR-X satellites.
- Airbus Helicopters
- Airbus Helicopters will display an EC130T2, an AS350B3e and an EC135T2e/P2e and will present models of the recently certified EC175, the EC135 and EC725 at the Airbus Group stand.
- Airbus Group Innovations
- The Group will present its Flight Path Optimization technology which aims to optimise E-FAN energy consumption as well as its Smart Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) tools.
Note to Editors:
Download the new logos of Airbus Group and its Divisions as well as further useful background documents in our dedicated Media Centre: www.airbus-group.com/rebranding-presskit
Feel the pulse and follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/AirbusGroup
Stay tuned and subscribe to our RSS Feed at: www.airbus-group.com/RSS