EADS is implementing a new organizational set-up of its Corporate Communications department. The department will increase its focus on international growth markets as well as ensuring a more efficient information flow throughout the Group, thus providing better service to both its external and internal stakeholders.
Furthermore, Corporate Communications will see the creation of a reinforced Center of Competence for exhibitions in order to further enhance the Group’s representation at renowned trade shows worldwide. This will be detailed and implemented in the second half of 2013.
As part of the new Corporate Communications organization, the following team members will serve as Heads of Functions and report directly to Rainer Ohler, 51, Head of EADS Group Communications:
- Martin Agüera, 36, is appointed Head of Corporate Media Relations and is responsible for the Group’s worldwide media activities. In this function, he also serves as the company’s chief spokesman. In addition, all corporate social media activities of EADS are integrated in his department.
- Vincent Benard, 41, is confirmed as Head of Internal Communications, a position he has occupied since April 2011. In his position, he is responsible for the Group-wide communication of EADS topics to employees, including Executive communications, as well as all Corporate Heritage activities. Vincent also leads the Group’s internal forum magazine as Editor-in-Chief.
- Jeff Burridge, 50, is appointed Head of Content and Production. He joins EADS from Airbus where he has been Head of Communications for Airbus in the UK since 2010. Content and Production is a newly created function within Corporate Communications and will serve as the department’s content power-house, covering the following functions: Corporate identity and advertising, audio and visual, online and digital platforms, content production as well as editing.
- Philippe Lemasson, 50, is appointed Head of Corporate Protocol, Events and Sponsoring as well as Head of Communications in France. He has held the position of Head of EADS Corporate Protocol for France since 2007, while previously reporting to the EADS Corporate Secretary. In his position as Head of Communications in France, Philippe is based in Paris and fulfils representative functions on behalf of the Head of Group Communications.
- Thorsten Möllmann, 45, is appointed Head of International Communications. He will be in charge of developing and implementing international communication strategies in coordination with the Group’s Strategy and Marketing Organization (SMO) as well as the regional offices worldwide outside EADS’ four home markets and the US. He will assist in the delivery of Divisional objectives and activities, and also be supported by them.
- Nicole Schareck, 53, assumes responsibilities as Head of Communications Strategy and Messaging as well as Head of Communications in Germany. She will be responsible for defining the communications strategy to include positioning of the CEO, speechwriting, communication performance management and benchmarking activities. In her function as Head of Communications in Germany, she is based in Munich and fulfils representative functions on behalf of the Head of Group Communications. To date, she has acted as Head of Corporate Brand Communications.
Jeremy Greaves, Head of Communications EADS UK, Guy Hicks, Head of Communications & Governmental Relations at EADS North America and Jaime Perez-Guerra, Head of EADS Communications in Spain are confirmed in their respective functions; they functionally report to Rainer Ohler.
Functionally reporting to Ohler are also Véronique Creissels, Head of Communications at Airbus (in charge as of June 2013), Patrice de Lanversin, Head of Communications at Astrium, Dirk Erat, Head of Communications at Cassidian and Cécile Vion-Lanctuit, Head of Communications at Eurocopter.
“I am pleased that the new Corporate Communications organization is now able to hit the road. With our extended focus on communications strategy, international communications, content and production as well as forging stronger ties between our exhibitions teams I am convinced we will be able to provide even stronger services to our customers inside and outside the Group”, said Rainer Ohler, Head of EADS Group Communications.
EADS is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2012, the Group – comprising Airbus, Astrium, Cassidian and Eurocopter – generated revenues of € 56.5 billion and employed a workforce of over 140,000.
New Media Section on the EADS website!
For information on EADS – photo, video, sound bites, background documents – visit www.eads.com/media.
Subscribe to our RSS Feed at www.eads.com/RSS.