Cassidian Communications to Demonstrate Multimedia “Call-to-Car” Public Safety Portfolio at 2012 APCO International Conference and Expo
Temecula, Calif.,, 15 August 2012
- Cassidian Communications to feature comprehensive suite of integrated, mission critical communications products in booth #1237
- Next generation solutions provide simultaneous voice, video and data communications from incoming call to field response
- Demonstrations of P25 Land Mobile Radio, NG9-1-1 call applications, advanced notification and LTE devices and applications preview the future of public safety communications
Emergency communications leader Cassidian Communications, an EADS North America company, announced today that it will showcase its suite of integrated, multimedia-ready, next generation solutions for public safety communications in booth #1237 at the 2012 Association of Public Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International Conference and Expo in Minneapolis, Minn., August 19 - 22.
As a sponsor and exhibitor at this year’s APCO conference, Cassidian Communications will feature its advanced communications portfolio that delivers voice, data and video communications across all stages of an emergency response situation from the initial 9-1-1 call to the response in the field. The “call-to-car” multimedia demonstration will showcase the Cassidian Communications NG9-1-1 call processing solution interworking with its LTE broadband vehicle router, clients and applications.
“The next generation of emergency communications management will rely on advanced technology and the seamless integration of systems, applications and devices,” said François Begaud, chief operating officer, Cassidian Communications Land Mobile Radio. “Our strategy focuses on the most efficient means to increase the integration and management of mission critical data through the entire lifespan of an emergency response, while also offering our customers choice, customization and value. The end game is to increase operational efficiency, lower the total cost of ownership for our customers, and ultimately, improve and enrich public safety response.”
The Cassidian Communications booth will also include demonstrations of its new notification solution, the standards-compliant CORP25 LMR system, and devices and applications for interoperable LTE/P25 voice communications.
For more than 40 years, Cassidian Communications has worked closely with its customers and the public safety industry to proactively adapt to emerging technologies, support evolving industry standards and develop new applications. At the 2012 APCO Conference, Cassidian Communications will demonstrate its continued commitment with a complete portfolio of advanced solutions that are ready to deliver next generation, end-to-end communications with new media, new technology and new ways to communicate.
Product demonstrations in the Cassidian Communications booth will include:
- The CORP25 LMR system—the industry’s only true non-proprietary P25 solution—is fully interoperable and supports a multi-vendor environment, allowing customers to build their networks with the best equipment for the best price
- LTE Broadband Vehicle Router 700—the ability to transport real-time video and high bandwidth data between the call center and a first responder in the field
- Push-to-Talk over LTE—interoperable voice communications between LTE and P25 devices
- The VESTA® 4.0 multimedia-ready emergency call processing solution
- The Communicator!® NXT™ emergency notification solution integration with the ORION™ Vela® advanced mapping solution
Cassidian Communications continues to serve clients ranging from public safety operations to Fortune 1000 corporations to federal agencies. Collectively, the company has more than 40 years of experience deploying 9-1-1 call processing solutions, emergency notification systems and first-responder digital trunked radio networks.
About Cassidian Communications
As the largest and most trusted source of mission critical communications solutions, Cassidian Communications, an EADS North America company, is leading the way in standards-based NG9-1-1 call center applications, notification solutions and services, and P25 land mobile radio systems.
About EADS North America
EADS North America is the U.S.-based operation of EADS, a global leader in aerospace, defense, and related services. EADS contributes more than $12 billion to the U.S. economy annually and supports over 220,000 American jobs through its network of suppliers. EADS North America, headquartered in Herndon, Va., offers a broad array of advanced solutions to meet U.S. military and commercial requirements, including fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft, homeland security systems, public safety communications, defense electronics and avionics, and threat detection systems.