Airbus recognises cabin BFE suppliers’ customer support
Airbus’ Cabin BFE Supplier Support Rating recognises suppliers for best in-service performance
Blagnac, 09 April 2013
At the 2013 Aircraft Interiors Expo in Hamburg, Genevieve Laurens-Chassagne, Head of Supplier Support Management – Customer Services at Airbus, presented awards in recognition of those cabin Buyer-Furnished-Equipment (BFE) suppliers who achieved outstanding levels of customer satisfaction throughout 2012.
The suppliers were identified through Airbus’ Supplier Support Rating process which captured in-service feedback from over 111 Airbus customers. The latter represented 75 percent of the operators worldwide for over 90 percent of the Airbus fleet, and covered all Airbus aircraft programmes. In total 68 suppliers were measured in the 2012 rating and improvement plans will be put in place where necessary in 2013 to ensure that all suppliers bring the best level of support to our operators.
The awarded suppliers are as follows:
- Bucher, AIM Aviation Henshalls respectively ranked 1st and 2nd, and Diehl Service Modules and B/E Aerospace tied for 3rd place. All are awarded for excellent customer support performance as the Top 3 achievers;
- Zodiac Seats US LLC (Former Weber) for excellent customer support performance as the best in class seat supplier;
- Thales for excellent customer support performance as the best in class in-flight entertainment supplier;
- Bucher for excellent customer support performance as the best in class galley & monument supplier;
- Zodiac Seats France (Former Sicma) for the most improved BFE customer support performance in 2012.
The major cabin BFE suppliers on Airbus aircraft are rated against three criteria:
(a) Providing continuously reliable equipment and the associated technical support; (b) Effectiveness of operational support services, benchmarked against the industry-leading Airbus supplier support standards; and (c) Customer feedback concerning cost of ownership.
The Cabin BFE supplier support ranking is also published as part of the Airbus BFE Product Catalogue to guide Airbus customers during the equipment selection process. The next rating cycle will be launched during the fourth quarter of 2013.
Airbus is the world’s leading aircraft manufacturer of passenger airliners, ranging in capacity from 100 to more than 500 seats. Airbus has design and manufacturing facilities in France, Germany, the UK, and Spain, and subsidiaries in the US, China, Japan and in the Middle East. In addition, it provides an international network of customer support and training centres. Airbus is an EADS company.